Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Little Shameless Self Promotion


A couple of weeks back the lovely Leela Cyd came to call at in the kitchen at Oui Presse here in Portland. I was making some Meyer Lemon & Vanilla Jam and we had a chance to talk. Her blog is so incredibly beautiful, each photograph leaves me breathless. Lucky for me Leela is doing a special series on Makers in Portland and Pink Slip Jam is very fortunate indeed to be in this company of talented folks! Pigeon Toe Ceramics, Salt & Straw Ice Cream, the list goes on! The artistic bounty in Portland has been written about countless times, yet I am always so very proud to be a part of this community of people creating lovely things.

As Tom & Ray from 'Car Talk' might say, this is the portion of the blog with some shameless self promotion, and I am pleased as punch to announce that Pink Slip Jam will be featured in an article in 'Kitchn' in May under the 'Makers' category. This is affiliated with the swoon-worthy blog, 'Apartment Therapy'. Each & every day this blog creates such house/design/garden lust in me that I am slightly ashamed to admit it publicly. But, here it is. And, in case anyone was wondering what I looked like, Leela captured me eating some jam, not in a kitchen frenzy with steam & pots boiling all over the place! Kitchen & photography magic! It happens!

PS The baguettes pictured are delicious and local! These would be from Ken's Artisan Bakery. The location of the kitchen & cafe is Oui Presse, and if you have not been there yet, you should!

No comments:

Post a Comment