Friday, February 24, 2012

Dreaming of Exotic Locales...



This is not me. I do not share my living space with a monkey. Actually, I share my living space with creatures far messier: my 3 sons, their various pets, a Jack Russell Terrier, and an opinionated parrot we inherited 12 years ago. He was supposed to stay 'for the weekend'. It's been a dozen years...Anyway, this photo made me yearn for something exotic, and altho' it's far too early to consider these flavors, I thought I'd tempt you with something that will be happening late in the coming Summer~an intense Mediterranean jam consisting of white figs, rose water & rose petals & pine nuts. It will be sticky and rich. It will demand that you serve it with a pot of mint tea. It just might require shortbread & insist you make some Grown Up Fig Newtons! It will not require the wearing of a fez. It will not be anywhere near as demanding as a monkey, altho' it just may get under your skin...

No comments:

Post a Comment