Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Notes on Crushes...



Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other. ~ Oscar Wilde


Oh that Mr. Wilde! He had so many witty things to say! I must admit, Oscar Wilde was NOT one of my first (second, or even third) crushes. His witticisms came along after my heart had been broken a couple of times. Still, there is nothing quite like Spring to remember back to classrooms where A Special Someone sat in the last seat in the third row (back when regimented seating was part of public education)! Duly noted were the types of lunch items in this Special Someone's lunchbox, what sort of bike they had, how many older & younger siblings they had (I'm dating myself on this one...I'm from a time before most families had 2 kids, tops!)...were you in the same Communion class? Did your Mom make cookies for the school Bake Sales?? These, and other pressing questions, often filled the time of my friends & me. I still remember the answers to these vital issues!


If you have a special memory of a first crush on a Spring day, or have a memory of something wonderful you happened to love to eat, write to me! I am making a special, limited edition of First Crush Jam. Like your best friend in Third Grade, I swear on my life, cross-my-heart-and-hope-to-die I will never reveal the name of your Long Lost Love! Meanwhile, if you could put a flavor to this memory, what might that be??

No comments:

Post a Comment